Some things I think are worth sharing.
- WIPP: How to warn people 10000 years from now about radioactive waste.
- Sylvia Jacobson: Was confined to a skyjacked plane for a week, and wrote a paper about it.
- Ken Liu: State Change (short story).
- 129 Cars: This American Life (WBEZ Chicago) spends a month at a car dealership.
- The Glass Room: A digital art exhibit by Mozilla, focused on examining issues of data and privacy.
- Panopticlick: An EFF tool that lets you see how “unique” your browser’s fingerprint is.
- Tor: An easy-to-use version of Firefox that effectively anonymizes your internet traffic.
- The MIT License, Line by Line:
/dev/lawyer does a close-reading of the common MIT License.
- Kalle Lasn: “Cleaning Up the Mental Environment.” Lasn is the founder/publisher of Vancouver-based Adbusters.
- Naomi Klein: “New Branded World.” Excerpt from her trenchant book No Logo.